Jitsi comprises a collection of projects:
- Jitsi Videobridge (jvb) - WebRTC compatible server designed to route video streams amongst participants in a conference
- Jitsi Conference Focus (jicofo) - server-side focus component used in Jitsi Meet conferences that manages media sessions between each of the participants and the videobridge
- Jitsi Gateway to SIP (jigasi) - server-side application that allows regular SIP clients to join Jitsi Meet conferences
- Jibri - set of tools for recording and/or streaming a Jitsi Meet conference that works by launching a Chrome instance rendered in a virtual framebuffer and capturing and encoding the output with ffmpeg
External Software used by Jitsi:
- Prosody - XMPP server used for signalling
Check back soon for an architecture diagram!